C.O.O.L. Online Teller Online Services Pay Bills Online Home Page About Us ATM Locations Deposits Deposit Rates Business Checking Fees Membership Information Repos for Sale Contact Us Truth In Savings Privacy - Bus. Accts. Privacy - Reg. Accts
Greetings from the Management:
We would like to share some of the following new and distinct products available to Cosden Federal Credit Union members:
“Christmas Club”-This account promotes an excellent opportunity to save for this special time of the year. This “Christmas Club” account was created in the best interest of our membership, to allow our members to save for the shopping season.
“Vacation Club”- This account is another means to save for that special vacation you have always wanted to take. It can happen before you know it.
“Kids Club”- This is another excellent opportunity to start your children with a collage fund and a perfect occasion to show them how to save and maybe even open their first checking account. Showing young people how to control money will produce a sound foundation in understanding debt thus facilitating them to shop for better rates when it becomes necessary to purchase autos, etc.
Some suggested precautions:
FYI (For Your Information) – Members should be very careful with information they disclose to other individuals. Following are a few suggestions:
- Cosden Federal Credit Union will never ask for sensitive information from any member via email. Our web page is secured, however, hackers can lead you to a web site that might look like ours. Do not give out sensitive information over the phone to anyone;
- Cosden Federal Credit Union is not printing personal checks with social security or driver’s license numbers;
- Do not carry your account number with you;
- Be careful when you use ATMs; especially be aware of the card slot to make sure it is the real one and not a fake one that was put on top to capture your card number;
- Please be patient with our employees when they ask for proper ID. In this day and age, it is essential to be cautious in the best interest of our membership.
Cosden Federal Credit Union Website- we invite you to apply on line for any type of loan at www.cosden.org. It is even possible for you to get pre-approved for a mortgage loan.
Call us today for excellent rates on CERTIFICATES OF DEPOSIT OR IRA's. Our new Money Market account pays excellent rates.
THANK YOU to all our members for making Cosden Federal Credit Union an excellent place to do business, and for contributing to our growth during the last six months.
“WE BELIEVE IN YOU”
* Be suspicious of any email with urgent requests for personal financial information unless the email is digitally signed (you cant be sure it wasn't forged or 'spoofed').
- Include upsetting or exciting (but false) statements in their emails to get people to react immediately.
- Ask for confidential information such as usernames, passwords, credit card numbers, security numbers, account numbers, etc.
- do not personalize the email message (while messages from your credit union should be).
* Don't use the links in the email to get to any web page if you suspect the message might not be authentic. Instead, call the company on the telephone, or log onto the website directly by typing in the Web address in your browser.
* Avoid filling out forms in email messages that ask for personal financial information. You should only communicate information such as credit card numbers or account information via a secure website or the telephone.
* Always ensure that you're using a secure website when submitting credit card or other sensitive information via your Web browser.
To make sure you're on a secure Web server, check the beginning of the Web address in your browsers address bar- it should be <https://> rather than just http://.
* Consider installing a Web browser tool bar to help protect
you from known phishing fraud websites.
* Regularly log into your online accounts and don't wait for
as long as a month before you check each account.
* Regularly check your financial institution, credit and debit card statements to ensure that all transactions are legitimate. If anything is suspicious, contact your financial institution(s) and card issuers.
* Ensure that your browser is up to date and security patches
* Always report "phishing" or "spoofed" e-mails to the
o Forward the email to
o Forward the email to the Federal Trade Commission at
o Forward the email to the "abuse" email address at the company that is being spoofed.
o When forwarding spoofed messages, always include the entire original email with its original header information intact.
o Finally notify the Internet Fraud Complaint Center of the FBI by filling a complaint on their website: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
For questions about the site contact the webmaster: Lane Bond: email@example.com